Let's see, where were we? I covered the nice weather, perpetual airshow and work. The convenience of having everything close by is a benefit every day. We are 3 miles from school, 7 miles from work and 1 mile from 2 grocery stores, 5 restaurants (including Chuck E Cheese's) and an AMC 24 movie theater. Yup, lots to do on rainy days. Bigger shopping requires a trip on the highway. The mall exit is the NEXT exit. Well, you don't have to use the highway if you don't want to. Tricia already told you about Buckroe Beach which is around 15 minutes away. Virginia Beach is 45 minutes, and the Outer Banks of North Carolina is a 2 hour trip. It will be nice not having to spend 2 extra days getting to and from the beach when we head down to OBX in June. Tricia's family is 30 minutes away, so we see them every couple weeks, plus Tricia's working at her Dad's office.
The kids are involved in what I consider to be the proper level of activities: 1 sport, and 1 other activity each. Alex has Boy Scouts and winter basketball. In the spring and fall Matt and Alex play soccer. Sophia is swimming and is a Girl Scout. I much prefer Boy Scouting to Cub Scouting from an adult leader perspective. Being a Boy Scout leader just seemed like so much work. As an Assistant Scoutmaster I spend a lot of time hanging around watching the Scouts and making sure they don't hurt themselves. That seems to be our primary function, and I am okay with that. Boy Scout activities seem to be more fun for me than Cub Scout activities, but that is just my opinion. (Of course, this is ALL my opinion.)
So, Ted's point of view is that this is a mighty fine place to live. The rest of the family is aching to get back to NY for a visit. Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy a visit with all of my Yankee friends. Just please, can we wait until the snow melts?
No comments:
Post a Comment