Monday, November 16, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Well we are finally getting some much needed sunshine after a few days of torrential downpour and high winds. Many area schools were closed. I am grateful that we did not get that much damage at our house but some of the local streets a couple miles away were flooded and cars were stranded. Many bridges and tunnels were closed which made traveling that much harder. Neighborhoods in Virginia Beach lost power for a couple of days. Below are pictures that a friend sent me of downtown Portsmouth. I could not believe how far up the water rose from the Elizabeth River.


On another note, soccer ended a couple weeks ago. Both Alex and Matt did well. I am glad the soccer season is over. Thank goodness for crockpot dinners....it definitely was a time saver for me. Right now, Sophia is well into her swim season with the Peninsula Piranhas at the Newport News YMCA. She is doing very well and beat her 50m backstroke time by 9 seconds at the swim meet this past weekend. Alex will be playing basketball soon for our church league and Matthew is taking swimming lessons. We still are very busy but not as crazy as it was during the soccer season.

I am looking forward to hosting Thanksgiving again this year. I hope you and your families have a wonderful and Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: