Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spooktacular Times

This month has just blown by. I can't believe I actually have to start thinking about the holidays. I think just about every weekend this month we have been on the go, nonstop. And when Sunday evening rolls around we consider it lucky just to be able to spend some time together as a family.

Thankfully, Alex's school soccer season ended last week. His team did pretty well with an overall record of  7-3. Matthew still has a couple of weeks left with his soccer games. I can't wait until that is over as well.

In the beginning of the month we camped with the Cub Scouts at the Coast Guard Base in Yorktown. The boys had a blast and for most of them it was their very first time camping. We hiked around the Yorktown Battlefield which is adjacent to the Coast Guard Base. The weather was absolutely beautiful....warm days and slightly cool nights. We got to eat breakfast on Sat. and Sun. mornings at the cafeteria on base. The boys pigged out...all you can eat and made to order eggs and omelets.

Sophia is doing well with swimming. Her and her teammates recently took 2nd place in the Freestyle Relay and 4th in the Mixed Medley Relay where she swam the breaststroke. Ted continues to volunteer coach the older kids on the swim team. He actually gets in the water and swims with them. The other day he came home with a severe leg cramp. I have to remind him that he is swimming with kids that are less than half his age.

We managed to make it over to Busch Gardens' Howl-O-Scream a couple of times. Last week was quite an event. Sophia's 6th grade class decided to meet up there and do the haunted mazes together. I wisely volunteered Ted to help chaperone about 15 pre-adolescents who were a little disappointed that they didn't get to wander off in the park on their own. Thankfully there were about 6 or 7 other parents there as well trying to keep the group together. Poor Ted came home with a headache and said the boys were squealing louder than the girls...go figure. The kids ended up having a spooktacular time.

Happy and Safe Halloween to all!

No comments: