Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Here We Go....again.



The kids are into their second week of school. All are adjusting well. Matthew is not diggin' the homework and test thing, but it is something he'll have to get used to. Both Alex and Sophia have male teachers this year. They both seem to like their homeroom teachers. Alex has a mix of classes...the first half of the day is spent with his homeroom class and the latter half is spent with the specific group he got placed in. He likes it because it gives him a chance to see everyone. Both Alex and Sophia volunteer to do morning patrol and help the little kids out of their cars during morning drop off. Thankfully, this is on a rotating basis.

As for me, I chauffeur the kids to and from school. Ted and I play tag team with scouts, soccer and swimming. I feel like I am missing something else that begins with the letter "s"....oh yes, I remember now....my sanity. It is a weird but peaceful feeling to have the whole house to myself again. The time really goes by fast. I'm still working for my dad a couple days a week.

Cub Scouts is keeping me very busy as well. I am blessed to have a wonderful Asst. Den Leader so I don't feel as overwhelmed. The Pack seems to be somewhat organized, I think. I'll have to wait and see when we have our first official Pack Meeting. We are back into the popcorn selling and was impressed that the Pack has 7 Show 'n Sell dates already set up. Thankfully, Alex's Troop doesn't have to sell popcorn (but they do other fundraisers).

Ted has had a very busy summer. Thankfully all the testing went well on the submarine. Last weekend, he and his engineers were responsible for giving a tour of the Newport News Shipyard to 88 people from BETTIS that came down in 2 buses from Pittsburgh. He had to go through the trouble of picking up 88 hardhats, safety glasses and ear plugs. The tour was broken up into 4 groups and it was so hot that day, that one woman nearly fainted. After spending 6 hours at the shipyard on Saturday....Ted was glad when the day was over.

On another note, we had the pleasure of hosting the Dunn family when they came down to Virginia Beach on vacation. We had a blast spending time and catching up with them. Our kids were ecstatic to see their boys.


I hope you all enjoy the long weekend coming up....have a great Labor Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So good to "hear" that you are all doing well. Tricia, these are always fun to read, thank you! Your kids all look WONDERFUL in their school uniforms! Growin' up so fast...
-Brig