Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tigers Rock!


Well this evening Matthew and I attended our very first Pack 242 Meeting. It was different from what I am used to but fun nonetheless. Almost every den performed a skit and in between the skits den awards were given out. My den was one of three dens that earned the Summertime Pack Den Award. At the end of the meeting a "Spirit Stick" is given to the den who has shown the most Scout Spirit at the Pack Meeting. To my surprise, the Cubmaster awarded the Spirit Stick to my den. We are supposed to add a decoration of some sort to it and return it at the next Pack Meeting to be awarded to some other den. It was very embarrassing for me to go up there and receive this award since this was our very first Pack Meeting. But, I am very proud of these boys because they deserve it!

As many of you know, I got my Tiger Den started at the beginning of summer. All 8 boys earned and were awarded their Bobcat Badge at this Pack Meeting. Way to Go!!!

We've had several outings already which included a hike, a visit to Endview Plantation, and most recently a visit to Fire Station #6 in Newport News.

This by far is one of my favorite pics....because it was random and not staged. The boys just started walking toward the firehouse together.


A couple more pics from the Fire Station.....the boys favorite thing was being able to shoot water from the hose.

I'm looking forward to the next few years with these boys....watching them grow, change, and develop for the better. Right now, I am savoring every single bit of their enthusiasm knowing that my time will be well spent.

No comments: